Good Points

It's about time, its about change. Changes you can count on, changes you can trust.

Mok Chek Hou contributed RM2,000 to Johor Bahru Happy and Joyous Club

07/03/2011 LAUGHTER Yoga Clubs founder Dr Madan Kataria made his first visit to Johor Baru recently. The 55-year-old doctor started the club with just five people in a park in Mumbai, India. There are now about 6,000 laughter yoga clubs in more than 60 countries. Accompanied by his wife K. Madhuri, 51, during the four-day visit, he visited government and non-governmental organisations. At a charity dinner at Zon Regency Hotel he shared with guests his insights on laughter and dealing with life's challenges. He said the laughter exercises reduced stress and promoted healing. "It is easy to laugh. Children do it all the time. But, as one gets older one hides behind layers of insecurities that make us forget to laugh. Laughter exercise is just a matter of adults revisiting their childhood," he said. He said laughter exercises should be done 30 minutes daily, followed by 10 minutes of stretching. Dr Kataria said he made it a point to avoid keeping grudges. "When my wife and I travel together, we get into arguments as we are poles apart. But I never get angry with my wife for long, as I know how much she cares for me." He said his wife had made a checklist for him so that he would not leave his belongings behind when he went on trips by himself. "When I was going through my things, I suddenly became very troubled as I realised that I had forgotten where I had kept the list," he said, drawing laughter from the crowd. The Johor Baru Happy and Joyous Club, the local Laughter Yoga Club, organised Dr Kataria's trip to Johor. It was formed on Oct 2 last year and has more than 200 members. Stulang assemblyman Mok Chek Hou, the guest-of-honour, showed his support for the club by donating RM2,000.